Trigger Point massage balls are designed to be used for self-myofascial release or by massage therapists to stimulate the skin and underlying soft tissues in order to get a therapeutic effect. Depending on how vigorously they are applied massage balls can have a stimulatory effect on muscles and soft tissues. Now you can use massage balls yourself to get the therapeutic benefits of massage at home.
Exercises are designed to reduce muscle tension and improve flexibility of specific joints and muscles.
- Place the ball on the allocated area to be massaged. Seek out any irritable spots of muscle by moving your body around on the ball.
- Simply place the ball in the specified areas and slowly move your body forward, backwards or side to side allowing the ball to massage the area.
- Repeat this process for 30 – 60 seconds provided it is comfortable and does not cause pain.
- If you find a particular area of tightness, you can apply sustained pressure to that particular spot for 20 seconds or until the muscle relaxes.
- Please read the instructions below before using the ball:
- Before each workout, check the equipment for possible wear.
- Perform exercises in a slow and controlled manor.
- Ensure you breathe whilst performing the exercises to avoid excessive strain.
- Discontinue any exercise that is uncomfortable or causes discomfort.
- As with any other physical activity, it is recommended you consult with your doctor when beginning any type of exercise program.
- Always remain hydrated.
Live On The Edge Ltd assumes no liability or responsibility for accidents or injury to person or property that may result from the improper use of this product. Be sure to always consult your health care professional or licensed medical doctor before exercising with these bands or beginning any type of exercise program.